- B.S. in Electronics Engineering, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile, 2000.
- Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, USA, 2013.
- 2018–present: Full Professor, Escuela de Ingenierı́a Civil Biomédica, Facultad de Ingenierı́a, Universidad de Valparaı́so, Chile.
- 2014 – present: Associate researcher of the Advance Center of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (AC3E), Chile.
- 2013–2018: Associate Professor, Escuela de Ingenierı́a Civil Biomédica, Facultad de Ingenierı́a, Universidad de Valparaı́so, Chile.
- 2013–2017: Director of the Master Program in Biomedical Engineering, Escuela de Ingenierı́a Civil Biomédica, Facultad de Ingenierı́a, Universidad de Valparaı́so, Chile.
- 2013–present: Associate Professor, Escuela de Ingenierı́a Civil Biomédica, Facultad de Ingenierı́a, Universidad de Valparaı́so, Chile.
- Fall 2010: Adjunct Professor, Colorado School of Mines. Course: Programming concepts in Matlab.
- 1999–2007: Adjunct Professor, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa Marı́a. Courses: Electronic Circuits A/B, Electronic Circuits Lab A/B, Fundamentals of Electronic Circuits.
2002–2010: AV Tecnologia, Viña del Mar, Chile, Consultant. Design of a monitoring system for mining trucks, measuring variables such as wheelmotor oil temperature, air filters pressure, fuel level, and others. Responsible for architecture design, circuit board design and layout,and microcontroller programming. The system is installed in the Chuquicamata mine.
- 2005–2007: CIMA-UTFSM, Valparaı́so, Chile, Project Engineer.
Design of data acquisition systems and automation for manufacturing processes.
- Responsible of a team of 2 engineers developing hardware and firmware of a system for logging and transmitting production lines data. The project included architecture design, circuit board design and layout, and integration with the server-side software.
- Retrofitted a packaging machine. The project involved the replacement of the original control circuit board of a machine used to package wallpaper rolls by a PLC.
- Retrofitted a wallpaper winding machine. The project involved the replacement of the original control circuit board by a PLC, and the addition of a new Human Machine Interface.
- 2001–2005: ON Technology, Viña del Mar, Chile, Design Engineer.
Responsible of embedded systems design. Performed all phases of hardware and software design, including initial design, schematic capture, PCB layout, and firmware programming. Projects included:
- Designed a domotic system, including firmware and circuit board design. The system allowed the control of house appliances through the telephone line.
- Designed a burglar alarm interface. The system emulated the phone line and the central alarm monitoring system, decoding the alarm messages and sending them as an SMS to a predefined number through a mobile phone.
- Designed a guard tracking system. The system tracked security personnel using an iButton and checkpoint stations.
- Designed a telemetry system based on a cellular modem. The system controlled digital and analog I/O ports through a cellular modem.
- Designed the SmartSwitch, a product intended to replace a standard light switch, with functions as light dimming, sleep mode and automatic turn on when it is dark.